How to Install a Bottom Entry Fill Valve for UK toilets:
A bottom entry fill valve is an excellent choice for a toilet cistern. It can replace a ballcock system and refills the water quickly and quietly. The bottom entry fill valve is also adjustable in height and has an anti-syphon design. Additionally, it’s corrosion-resistant and is easy to install with regular tools. The fill valve is adjustable in height and is compatible with most 1 and 2-piece toilet systems.
Tools Needed: Adjustable wrench, pump grips, screwdriver, sponge and a towel
- Instructions for installing a bottom entry filling valve:
- Shut off the water supply and flush the toilet.
- Empty cistern of water and remove water supply and old valve. Use the sponge and towel to soak up any water.
- Insert new bottom fill entry valve with rubber seal above the cistern hole and tighten into place
- Connect the water supply to the valve and tighten it with a tool.
- Turn the water supply back on and check for leaks before allowing the system to fill.
- Adjust the float with a screwdriver to ensure the water comes up to the correct level.